Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Parking lot was empty...shoulda know better.

As a kid I did a lot of road trips with my parents. My dad drove everywhere and he could drive forever without a rest. But we did stop for essentials, and one of those was food. If we didn't eat sandwiches and fruit that my mom had packed, then we stopped at a restaurant. One thing I remember is my dad always gauged the quality of food at a place we had never been to by the number of cars in the parking lot. He would say "there's a lot of people here, it must be good." And it usually was.
A couple of days ago I stopped at Las Palapas Restaurant at 23275 IH10West. There were about 3 cars in the parking lot - shoulda been a clue. Walked in and yes the place was practically empty. I was seated quickly and my drink order taken and delivered. Chips and salsa were brought to the table. The salsa was vinegary and the chips tasted slightly stale.
Ordered my meal: Chile con Carne Enchiladas with cheese on the inside. Also ordered an extra puffy taco.
The tortillas of the enchiladas were were not soft (they're supposed to be soft-not mushy- but soft). The cheese had no flavor and Chile con Carne (meat) sauce had no meat. The refried beans were bland. The rice was flavorful. The puffy taco was not puffy. The tortilla was thick and doughy - not what a puffy taco should be. The filling was okay.
 I had enough of the food and was ready leave so I waited for the check. And waited. I had to flag down the cashier to find my waiter. The place was, for the most part, empty. Why and how does the waiter disappear. Don't understand that.
"Just Fork Me" why did I come in here to eat? Because of my not-so enjoyable meal, at Las Palapas, I give it the above rating:

Until we meet again!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love your rating system. This is great! Sorry about the not-so-enjoyable meal. I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete