Friday, June 17, 2011

Small town winner!!

There's a quaint, small town about 30 miles north of San Antonio that looks like it came straight out of the latest issue of Southern Living Magazine. Welcome to New Braunfels, Texas. Home to Schlitterbahn (rated one the best water parks in the U.S.) and Wurstfest (a week long huge celebration to the German Heritage of this gem of a city).
I found something else New Braunfels needs to be proud of: McAdoo's Seafood Company. It's a restaurant with a Creole theme and folks, let me tell you, this is some of the best seafood and steaks I've ever tasted. And trust me, I've tasted a lot! (remember I love to eat)
The first time I went there I had an appetizer of their craw fish bisque. It was ribbony and creamy and was loaded with chunks of craw fish. For my entree I ordered the fried seafood platter which came with at least two catfish fillets, about eight large shrimp, a crab cake and a stuffed shrimp all sitting on a bed of dirty rice. (or you could get it with fries) The catfish had a light cornmeal breading and was very flavorful. The shrimp were lightly breaded with panko bread crumbs and cooked perfectly. The stuffing for the crab and shrimp was light and delicious, not heavy and doughy at all.
Today, though, I wanted to try something different. I ordered the rib eye steak. It was 16 ounces of perfectly grilled (medium) heaven. It came with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli (which I opted out of). Instead I asked for some Jambalaya. The mashed potatoes were delicious and the Jambalaya was incredible with chunks of sausage and chicken and seasoned just right.
I also had a salad wedge which was a quarter head of Iceberg lettuce topped with a delicious homemade bleu cheese dressing and sprinkled with fresh crispy bacon bits. What a flavor combination, it was awesome!

                                                      
                                                            McAdoos's Seafood Company
                                                              196 North Castell Avenue
                                                                 New Braunfels Texas

This restaurant is a winner!! Therefore I give it a:

1 comment: