Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Where did it begin

When I was about 10 years old my mom taught me how to make pancakes. I made my first batch and never looked back. I remember making a stack of like eight pancakes - all for me - smeared with butter and drenched with syrup, just the way I liked 'em.
My interest in food grew in all directions from those pancakes I made as a kid. I spent 30 years as a fire fighter, so I got to work on my cooking techniques and recipes on my fellow firefighters, who were really my guinea pigs. But I never had any complaints and no one ever got sick!
 I love to cook 'cause I love to eat. When I cook I take a lot of pride in what I'm cooking-I want it to taste good, look good and feel good - that's whether I'm cooking in the kitchen or grilling outside on the pit.  And I expect the same from food especially from a restaurant where one goes in and is expected to pay for what they ordered. That's not so easy to do sometimes. When the food you ordered does not meet one's expectations you should send it back. But wait, we've all heard of the horror stories about pissing off the restaurant staff. So most of the time you just grin and bear it.
So, when I go out to eat and my plate isn't what I expected it to be, or what the particular restaurant was boasting about, I say to myself "just f--k me, why did I come in here." There is no excuse for sloppy food or service at food establishments where you're expected to pay for what you eat.
So, I've made it my mission to try different restaurants and critique the food and service along with anything else related to my overall dining experience.
I'm developing an avatar that I want to use when I "rate" a restaurant. I'm designing it myself, so it may take a bit before I can debut it in my blog.
So, until we meet again - JUST FORK ME!

1 comment: